Why Kenya?

About Kenya

Kenya is located in the East African region and takes its name from Mt. Kenya, which is the second largest mountain in Africa. The Kikuyu people referred to it as Kirinyaga (Kirinyaga) which literally translates to ‘Ostrich’. The Embu name for Mount Kenya is Kirenia, meaning ‘mountain of whiteness’ because of snow cape peak. The name arose from the inability of the British to pronounce Kirinyaga correctly.

Nairobi is the capital city of Kenya. The other cities are Mombasa and Kisumu. The major Towns include: Nakuru, Eldoret, Nyeri, Embu, Meru, Thika and Kakamega.

Kenya is the land of capital diversity. From the beautiful soft sandy beaches at the coast, the magnificent view of the snow peaked mount Kenya the divers habitats of in the breathtaking rift valley with its abundant wildlife the includes the world renown wildebeest migration in the Maasai Mara, not forgetting the divers culture and traditions in the variety of  music song, dance and cuisine.

BIODIVERSITY TOUCH

Kenya is home to approximately 359 species of mammals and 1,100 species of birds. The Percentage of protected land: 5.85 % totally protected; 0.1 % partially protected; 5.95 % totally or partially protected.

Mt. Kenya

Mt. Kenya

Mount Kenya is the highest mountain in Kenya and the second-highest in Africa, after Kilimanjaro.[

Birds

Birds

We take you to outstanding birdwatching experience over 1000  species found in Kenya,in our own wildlands and forest of tsavo,kakamega forest,Amboseli,lake Nakuru,lake Naivasha,Lake baringo and lake bogoria.

Butterflies

Butterflies

About 559 species are known from Kenya,

Ants

Ants

The most recent study to assess the Kenyan ant fauna is: Hita Garcia, F.; Wiesel, E.; Fischer, G. 2013. The ants of Kenya (Hymenoptera: Formicidae) – faunal overview, first species checklist, bibliography, accounts for all genera, and discussion on taxonomy and zoogeography. Journal of East African Natural History 101:127-222. DOI: 10.2982/028.101.0201 This webpage is based on this publication. There are 596 species in 63 genera from 12 ant subfamilies known from Kenya. Read more

Rift Valley:The Origin of Man

Rift Valley:The Origin of Man

Read more